Saturday, 8 November 2014

“The Research Cycle”

Here’s yesterday’s PhD Comic:

phd20141107

Certainly the cycle is familiar. But am I one of the only people who enjoys it? I remember, when doing my graduate work, my colleagues across departments would become tense and petrified when meeting with their supervisors or when a chapter/paper was due. However, I never had that fear or tension – I welcomed meetings with my supervisor, who was always able to coax out of my solutions to problems my research was presenting. They were always productive and useful hours.

I enjoy the cyclical nature of researching and writing. I recently finished an article about China’s global resource quest, and while I was finalising the piece, I was already deep into researching my next project – which, admittedly, is linked, but still.

2 comments:

  1. Good recommendation is typically bound to grow to get ignored,can see my blog tozca leather several a few other then that is no motive to never provides it.

    ReplyDelete