Tuesday, 7 February 2012

China Enters the 2012 Election Season

I thought this segment was interesting. It’s from the Rachel Maddow Show, only hosted by Chris Hayes. It’s also, as far as I’m aware, the first time the US-China debt relationship has been addressed at any length on air. True, the story doesn’t go too in-depth, and I would have liked it to be at least twice as long, but it’s interesting that someone is finally addressing the US-China debt situation. In the past, it has tended to be the “smaller” candidates who grumble about China, and they rarely get more than a throw-away mention. In 2008, I vaguely recall a TIME magazine piece from (I think) the Iowa Caucuses, during which one fringe candidate was described as shouting about guns and complaining about China. And that was it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment